ALL WASTE MATERIAL REMOVED UNDER SECTION 34 OF THE ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION ACT 1990
- Customer/ Producer: is the person/company hiring the skip.
- Owners are Bolton Skip Hire.
- The term skip shall be deemed to be any type or number of skips or roll-on-off containers.
- Hire available for a maximum of three weeks unless otherwise agreed with the Owners
It is illegal to place a skip on a public highway without a permit from the local authority together with the correct signage and warning lights. We will be happy to make the arrangements for you – the cost of the services is available on request.
Access to where the skip is to be delivered must be free from obstruction. Where a driver arrives to make a delivery or collection and us unable to do so due to obstruction. The customer shall be liable to pay the owner the abortive delivery/collection cost incurred.
- SAFE KEEPING
- The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of the skip, the contents of the skip, cleaning up all the debris and damping down contents to prevent nuisance from dust.
- If a skip is damaged on site the owners will charge for a full replacement of same. Skips must be checked by the customer on delivery and all damage noted on the delivery ticket.
- MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED
The skip shall not be used from the deposit of special or clinical waste, noxious, explosive, dangerous, or offensive matter, batteries, tyres, paint, oil, asbestos, syringes, oil filters, fridges, freezers, TV’s, computers, screens, gas bottles, plasterboards (max 10% of load), all electrical equipment, solvents, liquids, wet concrete,. If you have any of the above materials for disposal. Please contact our office for a quote to remove some.
The customer is responsible for ensuring that the skips are not overloaded and in the event of a skip being overloaded, the direct cost of labour and additional skip hire will be charged to the customer.
- OFF HIGHWAY
In the event of the customer requires the driver to deposit the skip off the highway, they do so entirely at the customer’s own risk. It is the responsibility of the customer to supply a banksman for safe off Highway Delivery/Collections. The owners take no responsibility for any damage to property pavements, driveways, manhole covers, gates, pillars etc. The customer shall indemnify the owners against any liability loss, claims or proceedings arising from personal injury or death or any other damage to property etc.
The customer is responsible for any damage or loss of the owner’s equipment whilst on hire.
- SKIP PRICES
Prices are those quoted by the owner and referred to in any invoice issued.
Invoicing and payment terms for account customers unless otherwise agreed in writing. Invoices become due for payment within thirty days after the end of the month in which our invoices are issued.
- OVERDUE PAYMENT
It is the customers responsibility to pay invoices within the agreed period without the owner “chasing” your credit account will be suspended if you do not keep within the agreed terms.
12. DEBT RECOVERY COSTS
All costs, charges, and expenses incurred by the owner in recovering any debt shall be paid by the customer. If a payment made by cheque bounces, the customer shall be liable for all costs incurred as a result, including the owners additional work (min £25.00 charge) and any bank charges.
- PAYMENT TERMS FOR NON ACCOUNT HOLDERS
The owner accepts major credit cards and debit cards, cash, bankers draft and cheques with a current bankers card.
- THE CUSTOMER MUST:
- Not board up the side of the skip
- Not light fires in the skip
- Not re-site the skip once it has been deposited by the owner
- Guard the skip if on a public highway
- Maintain the lights, if on the public highway, attached to the skip form half an hour before sunset to half an hour before sunrise.
- Ensure the highway is left clean and tidy and free from debris
- Notify the owner when the skip is full
- Immediately notify the owner of any accident or damage to or involving the skip.
- Maximum of three weeks hire unless otherwise agreed with the Owners